Namaste Community Foundation (NFC-Nepal) is a not-for-profit, non-political, humanitarian organization and is not affiliated with any religious group or organization. It is registered as an NGO in Nepal with the motives of furthering development activities for the needy children and women’s sector of Nepal and is affiliated with the Social Welfare Council, Kathmandu. NCF is dedicated to providing education, healthcare and love in a safe home-style environment for the poor, needy, orphaned and abandoned children, giving school support for the children from poor economic families, offering hearing treatments for those with hearing losses, granting financial assistance to start small businesses, training inessential skills for jobs, as well as, arranging a unique opportunity for people from around the world to get involved in social work.
Initially, it was registered as Namaste Children’s House to support housing facilities for about 60 orphaned children of Pokhara, Nepal. It quickly became evident that there was much more to be addressed, thus, the new projects were gradually added. Later, to represent all the activities of the foundation, the board decided to change the name to Namaste Community Foundation as the old name was mostly targeting the children’s homes.
Why Namaste Community Foundation-Nepal?
- The name ‘Namaste’ means: “God with me and I equally respect God within you or God with me and I honor God within you”.
- NCF is run and managed by the Nepali friendly team members, who are professional, sincere and have long working experiences in the humanitarian field.
- NCF is cost effective and transparent. Our administrative cost is approximately 10%, which is low in comparison to other organizations.
- NCF effectively changes both the lives of children and adults in a positive and sustainable way.
- NCF works with other local organizations, individuals and the government of Nepal to create a larger impact on the societies in Nepal. We strongly believe in togetherness and teamwork.
- NCF is working toward sustaining itself by establishing different local businesses.
- NCF has a bigger plan for the future to empower both the societies and the people in very sustainable ways.
- NCF values the power of the people, therefore, we are here to help them explore their strength without affecting their culture, the value of their family and the long-term development of their society.
- We want to create a global Namaste family by adding more like-minded people, charities and institutions as partners using their logo and country flag to represent our entire work as a global initiative.
Our entire Namaste family is very much indebted toward our Past and Current contributors along with the world famous actress, Mrs. Angelina Jolie, for her generous gift of 20,000 USD,which helped us start our project in Nepal. We are also very appreciative of the great involvement of the famous actress from the UK, Mrs. Joanna Lumley OBE.